Wondering if you have anxiety and depression symptoms? Some people find it difficult to asses if they have anxiety, depression, both or neither. Sorting out what the symptoms of each disorder are can help you differentiate what is going on with you so you can get the help you need.
Symptoms of Anxiety
If you are suffering from excessive worry, you may find yourself with a few or many of these issues:
- Rapid heart beat
- Pain or tightness in your chest
- Sweaty palms or forehead
- Feel like the room is closing in on you
- Feeling panicky
- Shortness of breath
- Constant and excessive worry
Symptoms of Depression
If you think you may be struggling with overwhelming despair, here are some of the warning signs:
- Feeling sad for more days than not without a specific reason(i.e. death of loved one)
- Feeling tired,lethargic, with no motivation to go to work,school,etc
- Loss of appetite accompanied by significant weight loss in a short period
- Increase in appetite, accompanied by significant weight gain in a short period of time
- Decreased frustration tolerance, increased anger or aggression
- Crying spells for no apparent reason
Many treatments are available to help you reduce or eliminate your emotional suffering. You may want to consider anti-depressants or anti-anxiety medications to ease your discomfort. Psychotherapy can help you to decipher what is causing these symptoms may be helpful.
Research has shown a combination of medication and counseling work best in reducing and even eliminating anxiety and depression symptoms.
If you are experiencing a few or several of these symptoms of anxiety or depression, and you live in the Detroit metro area, please call me to help you reduce these symptoms and live a happy, fulfilling life. These disorders are very treatable and you can get the help you need.